Today’s Treat are decorated sugar cookies, of course!. It’s my new thing and I seem to be getting better, or my friends are lying to me. My current inspirers are Callye from The Sweet Adventures Sugar Belle, fellow Canadian Marian from Sweetopia and Bridget from Bake at 350. These three ladies are amazing and I endeavour to be half as good! There are many other’s out there that are equally as talented so please don’t be offended if I didn’t mention you today. As I go and as I steal your ideas, I’ll give credit where credit is due!!!
So here we go!
It’s an absolutely crappy day out, so what a better way to cheer things up than with fun flowers and butterflies.
These are the best sugar cookies (in my opinion), so I’m sharing the recipe with you.
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour (or overnight). I have a tendency to do this 30 mins max due to time and they taste awesome!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Roll out dough on floured surface 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Cut into shapes with any cookie cutter. Place cookies 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes in preheated oven. Cool completely.
I hope you enjoy!