A week away and no cooking or baking…what’s a girl to do????
Buttermilk pancakes for breakfast and these!
Since everyone has been posting Halloween themed stuff, I decided to jump on the band wagon. Vanilla cupcakes with orange/black icing and fondant ghosts.
I’ve made these before and they are amazing.
Vanilla Cupcakes: (from Glorious Treats)
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- Mix eggs, sugar, vanilla and oil together.
- Mix flour, baking powder, soda and salt.
- Alternate adding flour and buttermilk to egg mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 20 mins. Makes about 12 cupcakes using the mid-size ice cream scoop.
I feel much better now that I’ve baked something. Now I can continue with this cold I’ve got. Back to bed :)
Thanks for looking!
Recipe Sharing Monday
Joy of Desserts
Melt in Your Mouth Monday
Made by You Mondays
The Kurtz Corner
Get Your Craft On
Tea Party Tuesday
Tempt My Tummy Tuesday
Let's Do Brunch
Hugs & Cookies