Tis the season to bake and eat and eat and eat and eat! I’m trying to just bake with the occasional eating of sweets. I’ve been so good, but it’s so hard especially when they taste as good as these!
Black and White Truffles
Chocolate truffles, not the mushrooms kind. Three ingredients: chocolate, butter and heavy cream!
What could be better???
- 4 oz chocolate (white or dark)
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/8 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla or other flavour
- Melt chocolate and butter in double boiler or microwave until smooth.
- Heat cream until it starts to boil, remove from heat add to chocolate.
- When smooth, stick in fridge until firm. The white chocolate takes longer than the dark.
- Scoop into balls and roll into powder sugar or cocoa powder.
- Store in fridge or freezer
You can double or triple the recipe if needed. I try to avoid that because I’d eat them all!
So just to verify, those are dark chocolate truffles rolled in powdered sugar and white chocolate truffles in cocoa.
Thanks for looking.