My grandmother use to make these little devils every year until she passed away 12 years ago. And sadly they haven’t been made since. I’m not sure why because they are so yummy and that’s coming from someone who isn’t a true fan of peanut butter.
When I decided I would try to re-create Grans Christmas platter I went through her recipe box and found several of the holiday cookie favourites! Including this one.
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar (plus some extra for rolling)
- 2 cups rice krispies
- Mix peanut butter, butter and powdered sugar until well blended.
- Add rice krispies.
- Using a small scoop, make into small balls and roll in powdered sugar.
- Freeze. Two reasons, they taste better frozen and they won’t stick together in the bag when frozen. If transporting, place single layers between wax paper.
It’s simple and a must try. You could also cover in chocolate too…huh! that gives me an idea!
Thanks for looking!