What’s that you say???? Well I took the basic dough of the snickerdoodle and added butterscotch chips to it and voila, Butterdoodles :)
Genius, if you ask me and all the guys in Rob’s office.
I really liked the crisp and cakey texture of the Snickerdoodle so I thought I’d switch it up. I had thought toffee bits but then Rowan decided butterscotch chips would be better and although I didn’t make the toffee bit ones, butterscotch chips were an excellent choice. She’s so helpful :)
It’s kind of simple but will be a real crowd pleaser.
Recipe: As adapted from Martha Stewart
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Cream together butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs until combined.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt until just combined.
- Stir in butterscotch chips.
- Shape dough into chosen ball size and space them 2 inches apart
- Bake until they start to go golden, about 10 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy!
These were really really good and could take any flavour chip you throw into them! Again, sorry about the pics, we had a few days of rain this week!
Thanks for looking!
Melt In Your Mouth Monday
Crazy Sweet Tuesday
Hearth & Soul Blog
Let's Do Brunch