It’s so simple and so tasty and good for you too!
- 1 carton (4 cups) chicken broth. I use Swanson no MSG, 1/3 sodium, non-fat Chicken broth.
- 20 cloves garlic peeled
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1 carrot shredded
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- Bring broth to boil and add garlic and thyme. Simmer until soft, about 20 minutes
- Using a hand blender or stand blender and puree the garlic with the broth.
- Add carrot and cheese and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add lightly beaten eggs and mix so the eggs cooks.
- Pour into serving dish and add some whole wheat croutons and sprinkle with more parmesan cheese.
This is a great soup and you can add spinach for an additional healthy boost. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
Head on over to Soupapalooza and see all the other awesome soups!
Thanks for looking!
Let's Do Brunch
Full Plate Thursday
It's A Keeper Thursday
Chic & Crafty