As I was surfing through Pinterest I saw a pin on how to make flowers from dried slices of pineapple, but the link went no where. WHICH I HATE!!!!
Now I had an itch I couldn’t scratch as it were, so my friend Google found Annie’s Eats. Which in the end was the original source of the pin. YAY!
So I bought a pineapple and I made some flowers. Now I have all this left over pineapple and only two of four in the family who will eat it. I love pineapple but my sensitivity to acidic fruits makes me shy away from eating too much for fear of canker sores.
Ok, so lets try pineapple cupcakes.
I still had some puree left over so I added some powdered sugar and mixed it up. Stuck it into a piping bag and inserted a squeeze into each cupcake.
I then topped it off with a pineapple (why not?) cream cheese icing and a pineapple flower.
You would think with all this pineapple it would be over powering, but no! It’s, in my opinion, perfect!
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup pureed pineapple
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- Mix eggs, sugar, vanilla and pineapple together.
- Mix flour, baking powder, soda and salt.
- Alternate adding flour and buttermilk to egg mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 20 mins. Makes about 12 cupcakes using the mid-size ice cream scoop.
- 2 cups chopped pineapple with juice
- Puree until smooth.
Pineapple Cream Cheese Icing
- 4 oz softened cream cheese
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 3 tbsp pineapple puree
- Whip together until smooth.
Steps to complete the cupcake:
- Bake cupcakes.
- Pipe puree into cupcakes until they plump up.
- Swirl icing on top.
- Top with pineapple flower.
The day I made these we had an impromptu get together with friends down the street and I had to take something, so I brought these. Not sure they lasted an hour!
I recommend these for sure!
Thanks for looking!