Have you ever craved a cinnamon bun but didn’t want to wait for dough to rise, or even had the inclination to make it. Well I have a solution…pizza dough!
You can either pick it up at the grocery store, which is what I did or buy it from your favourite pizza shop. I also used the whole wheat pizza dough because that’s healthier, especially since this isn’t exactly the lowest of calorie treats :) I also added raspberries, they are also healthy! So I guess you could say these are healthy-ish!
- 1 package pre-made whole wheat pizza dough
- 1 stick softened unsalted butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 4 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 cup fresh raspberries (or what ever fruit you’d like)
- Mix softened butter with 1 cup brown sugar and 2 tbsp cinnamon and spread into bottom of 9” round baking dish. Put to side.
- Roll out pizza dough to 1/4” thickness and measures 8” x 20” rectangle. Spray with vegetable spray, cover with remaining brown sugar and cinnamon. Top with raspberries.
- Roll up on the long side and cut into 2” slices.
- Place slices slightly apart, they will expand when cooking. The two end pieces are cut side down.
- Bake at 350F for 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 2-3 minutes, turn out onto serving dish. Use a dish with a lip as the juice can go everywhere!
- Serve warm!
The juice from the berries create this wonderful sauce with the sugar and cinnamon. It is delish! So the next time you are in the deli section at the grocery store, pick up an extra pack of pizza dough and make this for a Saturday or Sunday brunch. You won’t be sorry!
Thanks for looking!