Now I’ve made a pumpkin spice sugar cookie before, but they were drop cookies and didn’t hold their shape. These hold their shape and the taste is divine. It wasn’t rocket science either. I just took my basic sugar cookie recipe and added a teaspoon and half of pumpkie pie spice instead of vanilla and voila, the perfect balance of sugar and spice!
So as you can see I didn’t reach much on this but when a recipe is right in your face you just have to go for it!
Pumpkin Spice Sugar Cookies:
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin spice blend
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs and spice. Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Cover, and chill dough for until cool!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Roll out dough on floured surface 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Cut into shapes with any cookie cutter. Place cookies 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes in preheated oven. Cool completely.
I can’t begin to tell you how yummy these are and I didn’t even ice them. Divine they would be! I mean you know I can decorate a cookie and more will come in the next couple weeks but I thought just a plain and simple recipe would satiate you all for now :) These would be perfect with a cup of tea, an after dinner snack or a little something special in your loved ones lunch bag!
I hope you enjoy them, it took every fiber of my being to not eat the 12 I made the first go around.
Thanks for looking!