Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! I hope you have the most excellent holiday season and a fabulous new year. That’s my plan anyway. I know I said I was taking off until new year but I made this yesterday and you need to have this around for the holidays, it’s too good not to share.
This year at Christmas we are spending it at home. It may not seem exciting but it’s the first time since we moved, so it’s exciting for us. My parents were here this week and Rob’s parents are coming for the holidays itself. Our girls are so excited for Santa they are counting down the days on our family calendar. Christmas stopped being a favourite holiday for me after my grandmother, grandfather and my aunt passed away over one year’s holidays. After that it became something to get through. Now that I have children of my own, it’s changing. Everything I do now I do for them. I still don’t get the same gitty feeling I had when I was a kid but I’m enjoying it more as the kids are so into it all.
The things I like most about the holidays are the baking and, of course, the eating. I’ve made many many decorated cookies this year, which I’ll put together in a post later. I’ve also made many yummy treats. Some new and some not-so-much. This year I came up with Candy Cane Fudge. It’s so simple, the hardest task is unwrapping all the Hershey Kisses.
- 1 package of Hershey’s Candy Cane Kisses
- 4 oz white chocolate
- 1/4 tin of condensed milk
- 4-5 mini candy canes crushed
- Unwrap the kisses
- Melt the kisses and the white chocolate. microwave on high for 120 seconds at a time, stirring after each 30 seconds.
- Add condensed milk and stir until mixture thickens.
- Put into mold. I used an 8” square cake pan lined with parchment.
- Sprinkle crushed candy canes onto fudge, use parchment to pat them into place or they will just fall off.
- Chill for 1 hour, cut into squares.
These are so good! I sent these, caramel crispies and candy cane bark to Rob’s work for a holiday treat and I’m happy to report all were well accepted! Apparently one of Rob’s staff told him I was a culinary genius! I’ll take that thank you very much!
So make these and all my holiday treats and I promise you won’t be disappointed!
Merry Christmas to all and to all a good treat!
Thanks for looking :)