So I’m going to make this short but oh so sweet. As many of you know I’m technically taking this month off due to three slipped discs. One of which is torn and another herniated. However, I took part in The Great Food Bloggers Cookie Swap and so I’m writing this post from the floor for this awesome cause!
Cookies for Kids Cancer. Says it all doesn’t it! Since I’m so anti cancer I was on board immediately. Now the challenge was to make a cookie I hadn’t blogged about yet. What?????? Crap!
So I decided I would take two favourite recipes and combined them! One you already know and if you don’t you so need to. It’s Lilaloa’s End-All Chocolate Cookie. SO GOOD. The next is my peppermint bark. and not to boast, but holy crap it’s good!
The End-All Chocolate Cookies (taken and stolen from Lilaloa, but she know’s so it’s ok)
- 1 cup butter
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2/3 cup cocoa
- 3 or 3 1/2 cups flour
- Cream butter and shortening together. Add sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Combine salt, baking powder, cocoa and flour
- Add to butter mixture
- When dough comes together, wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
- Cut into 2” circles and bake and 400 for 7-8 minutes
- Let cool.
- 2 cups good chocolate chips
- 2 cups Candy Cane Hershey Kisses
- 1 cup crushed candy canes
- Melt chocolate chips, dip each chocolate cookie into melted chocolate.
- Put into freezer until firm, about 15 minutes
- Melt Hershey kisses, dip each cookie into melted kisses.
- Sprinkle with chopped candy canes.
- Put into freezer until firm.
Enjoy!!! so yummy. I loved meeting all these new food bloggers and seeing all the cookies that were being swapped across the US for such a great cause. I’m looking forward to taking part next year and if you want to be apart of it, just go to http://eepurl.com/qCABj and sign up for next year!
Thanks for looking!