I love hanging out with friends and today I get to share one of my favourite treats and hang out with some of the best people I know in the blogosphere.
Hani from Hanielas and Beth from Hungry Happenings are hosting a wonderful way for all of us to get together. A Summer Picnic Party! Grab your red gingham blanket, your wicker basket and your favourite beverage and join us in the park!
When Hani asked me to take part, I was like, but of course. Who doesn’t like a picnic!
Now what to bring???? I know … The Best Chocolate Mousse EVER!!!
I know, that’s a bold statement but I stand firm and will challenge anyone. I don’t make it very often as I would eat the entire bowl. Normally I serve it in ramekins but that’s not very travel worthy, so I choose the new in thing. Mason jars! Also because the new “retro” blue jars and fabulous.
So here we go, it’s so easy:
- 1 1/2 cups heavy/whipping cream
- 6 oz semisweet chocolate ( I like darker more than milk, but that’s up to you. It’s also not as sweet)
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Place the chocolate in the bowl of a double boiler and let melt. Put aside.
- Whip the whipping cream until nicely whipped. Be careful it’ll turn to butter pretty fast if you use your high setting.
- In a separate bowl, whip the egg whites on high until they become a soft peak. Slowly add the sugar and beat until the eggs become stiff but not dry.
- Fold in 1/4 of the whipped cream into the chocolate. Add the whipped eggs and once they are incorporated fold in the remaining whip cream.
- Pour into the mason jars or ramekins and put into fridge for at least a couple hours.
- Pop the tops and enjoy!
So I use my Kitchenaid mixer for the whipping cream and use my hand blender for the egg whites. That way they are complete at about the same time. From start to finish (into the fridge) is about 20 minutes.
I kid you not, this is the best chocolate mousse EVER. I had to hide it from my husband and kids so I could let it set up and then take pictures. I made a small ramekin for Rob because I’m just that nice . The spoonful in the pictures immediately went into the mouth of Abby with constant requests for more, but I felt at 9am it was a bit early for chocolate mousse. I also had to give a scoop to Rowan too!
I hope you enjoyed your visit and now you need to head around the picnic block! Lots to see and do and drool over.
Have a great Summer Picnic Day!
The Marshmallow Studio - Buzzy Bee Pop Tutorial
Sam's Kitchen - Elderflower Cordial
Lila Loa - Sandwich Picnic Cookies
Pink Little Cake -Shortbread Cookie Tart with Caramel Bits
Hungry Happenings - Ketchup and Mustard Push up Pops
The Partiologist - Ant on a Log
Kitchen Fun with My 3 Sons - Picnic Blanket Treats
The Baked Equation - Lemon Cookie Cake
The Decorated Cookie - Cookies on the String
Not Your Momma's Cookie - Ant Attack Cupcakes
Thank you to all the amazing Giveaway Sponsors. Be sure to check out their websites below.
The Marshmallow Studio
The Cookie Cutter Company
Mary Had a Little Party
King Arthur Flour
To enter giveaway please use the Rafflecopter below. Giveaway will run from July 20th, 2013 till July 27th, 2013. 6 Winners will be picked using the Rafflecopter widget. Prizes will be picked in the order of sponsors you see above, starting with The Marshmallow Studio and ending with King Arthur Flour. Winners will receive one email from email@example.com. Winners will have 48 hours to respond. New winner(s) will be picked if we don't hear from you. Thank you and good luck.
a Rafflecopter giveaway